You can use the DynamoDB on-demand backup capability to create full
backups of your tables for long-term retention and archival for
regulatory compliance needs. You can back up and restore your table data
anytime with a single click on the AWS Management Console or with a
single API call. Backup and restore actions run with zero impact on
table performance or availability.
- First, go to the DynamoDB Console and click on Tables from the side menu.Choose ProductCatalog table.
On the Backups tab of the ProductCatalog table, choose Create backup.
- Make sure that ProductCatalog is the source table name. Enter
ProductCatalogBackup for the backup name. Choose Create backup to
create the backup.
While the backup is being created, the backup status is set to
Creating. After the backup is complete, the backup status changes to
- Go to the DynamoDB Console and click on Tables from the side menu.Choose ProductCatalog table.
Choose Backups tab. In the list of backups, choose ProductCatalogBackup.
- Enter ProductCatalogODRestore as the new table name. Confirm the
backup name and other backup details. Choose Restore
to start the restore process. The table that is being restored is
shown with the status Creating. After the restore process is
finished, the status of the ProductCatalogODRestore table changes to
To delete a backup
The following procedure shows how to use the console to delete the
- Go to the DynamoDB Console and click on Tables from the side menu
- Choose ProductCatalog table.
- Choose Backups tab.
- In the list of backups, choose ProductCatalogBackup.
- Click Delete:
Finally, type the world
Delete and click Delete to delete the backup.