Bank Payments References
How to tackle this challenge
What are the access patterns?
The access patterns in the scenario are outlined as:
- Insert scheduled payments.
- Return scheduled payments by user for the next 90 days.
- Return payments across users for specific date by status (
Identify possible partitions keys to fulfill the primary access pattern:
- What item attribute (AccountID, ScheduledDate, Status, DataBlob) scales with access patterns?
- What is a natural organization for the related payment items (so as to return collected items relative to the access patterns above)?
- Consider the dimension of access: both reads and writes.
When determining how to organize items related to the primary access pattern:
- What organization do items need to be written with to return items by user for a date range (sort by)?
- What is the hierarchy of the relationships and when does it apply (most general to more specific)?
Fulfilling the third access patterns:
- The third access pattern is OLTP and can be fulfilled directly on DynamoDB
Given the above, see below for some helpful references.