Retail Cart Scenario
Retail Cart Challenge
An online retail store has asked you to design their data storage layer and NoSQL table(s). The website serves customers and the products they view, save, and purchase. The website traffic is currently low, but they want to be able to serve millions of concurrent customers.
- Customers interact with products that can be
PURCHASED. Once they are
PURCHASED they will be assigned an OrderId.
- Products have the following attributes: AccountID, Status (
PURCHASED), CreateTimestamp, and ItemSKU (Total item size is <= 1 KB).
- When a customer opens the retail store’s application, they view the active products in their cart, which are organized by most recently added.
- Users can view products that they have saved for later, which are organized by most recently saved.
- Users can view products that they have purchased, which are organized by most recently purchased.
- Product teams have the ability to regularly query across all customers to identify the people who have a specific product in their account that is either
- The Business Intelligence team needs to run a number of complex ad hoc queries against the dataset to create weekly and monthly reports.
Build a NoSQL Data Model to fulfill the OLTP component of the workload. How you would fulfill the BI team’s requirement?